Some of the Key Topics to be Covered:
• Understanding the strengths and limitations of camera phones
• Developing your “Spidey Sense” for scenes that work well for iPhoneography
• Creative exposure techniques
• Creating (high dynamic range) HDR images
• Panoramic stitching from multiple source images
• Using layers (yes, layers!) and layer masks for more refined creative control
• Creating multiple image composites
• Adding “special effects”, creative filters and textures
• Moving beyond canned app effects
• Finding and developing a personal style
Requirements: Participants should bring their iPhone (or other smart phone). If you choose to download any of the apps shown in class, you can expect to pay an additional $15 to $25 on app purchases.
A panorama stitch of 13 different exposures combined with a
vintage paper texture and custom hand tinting effects.
Diptychs and image "mirrors"
are easy to make (and a lot of fun!).
a 2-shot HDR, plus light rays,
plus vintage texture, plus hand coloring
Long Distance Call,
a multiple image composite from three images.